RSS FEED

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Photoshop 201


Did I give 101?

"My teacher said, it's all about the 'masking'."

Said the girl...

I'll mask you soft and hard. Get you excited, because it's twisted. That's Photoshop 101.

Photoshop 201 is putting layer on layer.
202 is putting layer on a layer on a layer.

Wow.

What does that mean?...

Let's explore...



I made two layers here. Screen and Multiply.
both layers are untweaked.
ON: Opacity - 100%


This is Marc Iserlis.
He is an aspiring young actor hopping around NY and Asia and stuff like that.

I put my 'Curve' on 'Screen'.
(My Curve layer "screeminator" is switched to 'Screen' whereas its usually 'Normal'.)
((I usually use 3 layers. Darkening, lightening and contrast. as standard...))
Then I do changes on the 'Curve' tool.

I control the wave so that 'Curve Tool' makes sense. (bottom image: I put 2 control points on my curve tool wave thingy)
You're supposed to make curves, "Duh, get it?" Right, I got it.
...
..
.
Marc Iserlis
step 3 is precision and control. 

The third layer is 'Masking'.

You select what where when why who and mask the shit out of it. Make it happen.



...NEXT...





No comments:

Post a Comment