RSS FEED

Friday, March 30, 2018

I’m acquainting people in New York.
Usually, artists like me should go meet up Galleries.

Not me.

Jerry Saltz called me an idiot.
It’s a bliss to know nothing actually.

I am in New York to ‘visit’.
I have always been helped and given a place to stay and things to do.
This city treats me well.

I came back to New York City.
I wanted to make a solid ground. I should'a just packed my life and left.
This city treats me well.

I acquainted people working at retailers.
Ladies working at clothing shops. Managers, retailers, assistant directors.
Ladies and gents. Just everyone.
I am helped and given opportunities now, only to prove to just prove myself.
But that is well, because -

New York City has not changed a bit.

I met this homeless man.
“Come on, man, come on. Y’all got some stuff for me?”
I was with a friend. The man was freezing... or at least shivering vigorously.
“Okay, what do you want?” my friend cuts straight.
“Food. And Metro-Card.”
My friend frowns and replies “well, I don’t have food ON me... and we’re about to go dine...”
I dashingly handed my 1-week unlimited-fee Metro-Card that was in my pocket.
I thought to hesitate, but oh whatever.
The homeless man looked straight into my eyes with confusion.
“Nah man, I need FOOD.”

He gave me back my card, and I took it back. This time I didn't care to hesitate.
I want my 1-week Metro-Card too.
We walked away in silence.

From a short distance, the man yelled.
“Yo man! How MUCH was on that card?”

My friend looked at me and said: “in this city, it’s all about your mentality.”

No comments:

Post a Comment