RSS FEED

Thursday, November 26, 2015

industry term


Black and White is always about contrast.

It's easy to add contrast these days.
But it's hard to preserve beauty.

Top image has no pixel f'ucked around (*for skin brightening). This is a strict 'industry term' like the infamous Fxck-me-light. 

The term Fuch-me-light, according to Pulitzer award photographer David Turnley was invented by the National Geographics photographers.
It was always the shots those were shot during the magic-hour (twilight hour, during dusk or dawn: +-30min. of sunset/sunrise) that made to the cover, so-to-speak.
So when the question of "when did you take this photo?" became routine to answer "during dusk" or "during sunset", it allegedly evolved to "oh during sunset/rise when the light was like F8CK ME" then became to "I shot these during fvck-me-light."

Supposedly conversation in the industry became casual as editors asking "oh, $uck-me-light?"

and the response was,

"uh-huh."

fuuck me...

No comments:

Post a Comment