RSS FEED

Monday, January 2, 2012

Plan

Got Plans?
Andriano and Nuri, 2011
Singapore

Everyone's got a "Plan", so to speak. 

My friend Chris Goodney is losing his vision. He was claimed Bloomberg Newswire's best photographer by their chief editor, and his vision goes blind. 

Was that in his plan? I swear not. 

Before he started photography his life-time girl got crushed by a car. And just like that, he started photography and just like that, his life plan on a girl went somewhere. 

What about me? 
I couldn't graduate from high-school. I snuck into college, and I got out of Parsons with honors. That was never in my plan. I was studying architecture and apprenticing under a photographer I met at Chelsea's starbucks, and my first job was sweeping floors and holding a chord... so the damn photographer wouldn't trip over. 

Mr. Steve Jobs even said "you can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards."

I truly believe in that. 

I don't have no Rand on my back or Atlus being shrugged. All I do and believe is in making things better for myself and people around me. 

But that kind'a sounds like a plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment